We are always looking for talented individuals to join our team so please send your CV and a recent PHOTO via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or check out our vacancies at our other clinics if you are interested in working with us.
Position: Clinical Psychologist (BPS/HCPC)
Hours: Evening/Weekends (Part-time – Hours Negotiable)
Fee: Competitive sessional rate offered
Location: East Dulwich Clinic, The Vale Practice, 64 Grove Vale, London, SE22 8DT
Closing Date: Applicants accepted until the role is suitably filled
The British CBT & Counselling Service was founded in London in 2001. Our goal is to provide the public with highly committed, passionate and dynamic practitioners focused on finding long lasting and effective solutions to mental health problems.
This is an exciting opportunity to operate as a freelance psychologist within a prestigious private clinic in the private sector.
The British CBT & Counselling service are key providers in the premium therapy sector; which is also the most effective sector due to treatment being provided at a more fundamental level over a longer period. The BCBT underpin your practice by generating a reliable new referral flow, providing support and administration to patients, throughout their time with us, and making sure our advertising and marketing efforts are up to date, mobile friendly and relevant to people experiencing problems in today’s world. We provide appropriate clinic spaces and leave you to focus on helping people.
We are proud to provide high end supervision from within our team which is a crucial differentiator between our service and others. Your status as a freelance Psychologist ensures that you have responsibility for the detailed work within your practice and allows you to manage your caseload with the best interests of your patients at the very heart of your work.
Patient care and being qualified to legally practice is essential. You must be a registered Psychologist with the relevant bodies, have up to date membership and your own liability insurance in place to allow you to practice. All work undertaken must be within the guidelines and codes of these bodies and your training and you must be receiving regular supervision from within the BCBT.
Fully qualified Clinical or Counselling Psychologist registered with the BPS or HCPC:
- Practitioners need to be registered as Practitioner Psychologists with The Health Professionals Council and as Chartered Clinical/Counselling Psychologists with The British Psychological Society. Registration with BOTH of these bodies is necessary so that practitioners are able to see private healthcare referrals.
- Practitioners will be required to work with individuals and couples and across the lifespan.
- Practitioners will need to have experience of working with a range of problems
- Practitioners will be required to develop individualised treatment plans that draw on the evidence base where appropriate.
- Practitioners will need to offer a minimum of 3 (50 minute) patient appointments per week.
- We will endeavour to provide the number of referrals that a practitioner requests but we cannot guarantee to do so, therefore practitioners must be prepared to occasionally travel to see 1 patient.
- For the first three months of clinical practice with The British CBT & Counselling Service there is a mandatory monthly supervision requirement of 30 minutes per 3 patients with an in-house Clinical Psychologist.
- Successful candidates will need to arrange professional indemnity insurance prior to their first clinical session and have had a CRB check within the last year.
- We will help you to significantly increase your skills and experience as a practitioner.
- You will benefit from being aligned with an established and well regarded organisation committed to the highest standards of care.
- We will guide you through the highs and lows of the private sector and share our hard earned experience with you.
- You will benefit from our ongoing commitment to marketing and advertising.
- You will benefit from our established relationships with associated parties in the medical and legal worlds.
- All the clients you see within our practice will have been asked to provide a written assessment of their presenting problems prior to their first appointment, to enable you to prepare for the session.
- We provide a service which can hopefully fit in with the other commitments in your life and allow for a healthy work and home life balance.
- You are not liable for room costs when on leave or have an empty patient slot.
- You are not liable for any advertising or directory listing costs.
- You are not required to make the first contact with clients.
- You are not required to offer any free introductory sessions to clients or engage with a client prior to them paying for treatment.
- You are free to offer your own private services outside of the BCBT. We do state that this cannot be in the same location as your practice with us. E.g. if you practice with us in East Dulwich you cannot set up or run your own private service in East Dulwich.
How to apply:
If your experience meets the criteria please submit your CV (in which you outline the above requirements) and a recent PHOTO via email to email@example.com.
It is essential that you state which location(s) you are applying to practice from and your preferred appointment times and days in the week.
If successful we will send you an information about the next stage of the application process and the fee structure with the BCBT.
If at that point you have questions that have not been answered please do contact us. If your application is successful you will be invited for interview.
Due to the volume of interest we are not always able to reply to questions received prior to the completion of the above process, although we always do our best to respond.
We will close the application process once the role is suitably filled previous applicants need not re-apply.
We thank you for your time and look forward to your application.