Contact us to see
how we can help:
0800 002 9068
Clapham Therapy Clinics
Thurleigh Road GP Practice, 88a Thurleigh Rd, Clapham, London, SW12 8TT
Contact us to see
CBT, Counselling & Talking Therapies for Adults, Couples & Children in the Clapham Area
At The British CBT & Counselling Service we have two Therapy Clinics that serve the Clapham area. If you have any questions then please do not hesitate to call 0800 002 9068 or fill out a contact form. We accept Self & GP Referrals and are registered with the insurance companies below. Should you wish to self fund your treatment then please see our Fees Page.
Appointments at the Clapham Therapy clinic are available Monday-Saturday 08.00-21.00.
You are not required to be referred by a GP or Psychiatrist as we accept self referrals.
Psychologists at this Location
Thurleigh Road GP Practice
How Can We Help?
Therapy Services Available in ClaphamPsychological treatments – CBT & Talking Therapy for adults, couples and children with(but not limited to) the following conditions:
- Anger Issues
- Eating Disorders (Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa, Binge eating disorders and Eating Disorders Not Specified)
- Low Self Esteem
- Marriage or Relationship Problems
- Panic Attacks
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Self Harm Problems
- Somatic problems – Chronic Migraine, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME)
Specific Psychological TreatmentsTalking Therapies in Clapham include:
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural Therapy, Cognitive Analytic Therapy (CAT)
- Children Specific Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprogramming (EMDR)
- Existential Therapy
- Humanistic Therapy
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (MBCBT)
- Person Centred Counselling
- Psychodynamic Therapy
- Schema Focused Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (SFCBT)
- Solution Focused Therapy
By TubeThe Thurleigh Road Clinic is easily accessed on foot from Clapham South Tube Station. The walk is 0.4 miles and takes approximately 5-10 minutes.
By RailBoth Clapham clinics are well serviced by rail. With the Thurleigh road clinic a 15 minute walk over 0.7 miles from Wandsworth Common Station, and the Clapham Highstreet clinic a mere 3 minutes from Clapham Highstreet station covering 0.1 miles.
By BusThe Clapham Therapy clinic is very well served by bus routes – the nearest stops are:
- Rusham Road
- Ramsden Road
- Nightingale Lane
- Devereus Road
- Bracken Avenue
The Clapham clinic sits between Wandsworth Common and Clapham Common and can be approached by main routes from central London such as the A214 and South East London on the A24/A3. Clapham is not within the London Congestion Zone.
Parking is available in the area with limited on street parking on Thurleigh Road itself and other surrounding streets such as Sudbrooke Road and Wroughton Road. We advise considering a car park in the area for your first visit.
- 134-152 Balham High Rd, London SW12 9BN – 13 minute walk
- 149-151 Balham High Street, Clapham, London SW12 9AU – 14 minute walk
- 40-44 St John’s Road, Clapham Junction, London SW11 1PP – 21 minute walk
Wheelchair access is available at the Thurleigh Road Clinic
There is also the option to have counselling in Greek if that is more comfortable for you to communicate.